Sunday, August 26, 2012

How to cure Eye Puffiness

Hey,

So this is just for everyone but also goes along with the back to school theme. I know I only get six hours of sleep usually during the school year. With the lesser amount of sleep my hereditary dark circles get worse and my eyes tend to be puffy in the morning. I figured I would share things that help with that and that can be done quickly in the morning.

First thing you can make are green tea/chamomile tea ice cubes. You can do one or mix them together, what you do to make these is take a bag of each or two of the same and steep them in boiled water for about three minutes, after you do that you want to pour them into an ice tray, I like to stick toothpicks in them but that's optional. The great thing about these is that you can also chill the tea bags and use those, I will say the ice cubes can be a bit messy. Chamomile tea is a natural anti-inflammatory so it helps decrease puffiness. The caffeine in green tea does the same thing, and they are both very soothing to your eye. If you want soothing that's not going to make as much of a mess, this still gets makes a little mess though, you can soak cotton balls in the tea and freeze those, I would squeeze them out before freezing.

Another thing you can do is take two spoons and freeze them over night. I find this doesn't stay as cold as much as the ice cubes do.

You can also freeze or chill cucumber slices, these are very soothing to your eye area and gentle. Cucumber is quite popular for soothing the skin and eye area. You could juice the cucumber if you have a juicer and make ice cubes out of that too.

I hope these helps, feel free to leave any of your tips for eye puffiness in a comment. There are other things you can do, but I only wanted to share the things that don't take more then five to ten minutes and were things you can easily wipe off and it not be a big deal to do in the morning before school or work.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request below!

No comments:

Post a Comment