Friday, July 6, 2012

Purple Smokey Eye, Great Smokey Eye for Brown Eyes.

Hello there :)

This is pre mascara, but this is the final look.
A little while ago, actually a few weeks ago I uploaded a picture of a purple smokey eye I had done to instagram, I figured I would share with you how I did this look and recreate it for you, this may not be 100% the same, I think I used a more purple purple then this one but I may be wrong, I had done this for ever ago but it did come out pretty close but maybe a bit more deep. This look is great for those with brown eyes or some one who wants to try a purple look, this is a easy way to wear a purple eye, this is of course more a night time look but could be worn whenever. This look is easy and simple and you could swap any of the colors out and get a great smokey eye.
If you want to see the original picture its on my instagram which is Lauren14709.

Products used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
ELF Cream Eyeliner
Avon True Eyeshadow Quad in Purple Haze
Avon SuperShock Mascara
Avon Glimmersticks in Blackest Black
I used an eyeshadow brush, two different types of blending brushes, a big fluff eyeshadow brush, a pencil brush, and an angled brush.


This is the only shadow I used, I used all the colors in this quad

The first thing I did was apply primer, then I used ELF Cream Eyeliner in black as a base only on my lid. You can use normal liner or cream shadow, this wasn't perfect nor does it have to be.


Next I blended some of the medium/light purple in my crease. You could do the next step before this or after it doesn't really make a difference, I personally like to do this first.


I then packed the dark purple on my lid and blended it out, I tapped a bit of the color on my brush and used a stiff blender to blend out the dark purple into the medium purple, and a big fluffy one after that to make sure every thing was perfectly blended


I used the dark gray and blended that into my outer v and a little into the crease to darken it. I also dabbed a little of the medium purple on the center of my lid to highlight my lid and took the lightest shade in the quad to highlight my inner corner and under my brow.


I just applied some liner to my tight line, waterline, and a little on my lid into the lashes. I lined my whole eye. I also cleaned up any fall out at this point.


Then I set my liner with the gray and blended the top liner by turning my angled brush so it wasn't at the angle that you use to apply liner, sorry I really don't know how to explain that... Anyways I used the angled brush to blend the liner in. After that I started working on my lower lash line, I applied some of the gray shadow to the outer part of my lower lash line then the dark purple in the middle then the medium towards the inner part, Then I applied mascara(I don't actually have any on in this picture, but I really did do that next), you can apply false lashes if you'd like, I chose not to.

For this look I would pair it with bronzer, highlighter, and a nude lip. I also fill my brows in more harsh when I do more dark looks.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request down below!

Links:
Primer
Cream Eyeliner
Eyeshadow Quad
Pencil liner
Mascara
Get brushes here: http://www.sigmabeauty.com/?Click=198710 use code AP2012 for 10% off during July!

2 comments:

  1. I love this look, I may have to give it a go myself :)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and not too heavy because of the purple - thanks for the hints! x

    ReplyDelete