Friday, June 28, 2013

Night Look Using Colors

Hey,
Using a color with a black is one of the easiest ways to use colored eye shadow and makes a great night look! This look is great for summer nights out and you can switch up the color on your lid with any color. I have a look fairly similar to this look that you can check out here.

What I used:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Wet n Wild Cream Eyeliner in black
  • Coastal Scents 42 Double Matte palette; black, purples, white, lightest brown
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara, orange cap
What I did:
  1. I primed my eyes and set that with my face powder.
  2. I drew the shape I wanted with the black cream eyeliner and filled in where I was going to place the black eye shadow.
  3. Then I patted on a black eye shadow over that and blended out the edges and into the crease.
  4. I used the lightest brown shadow in the crease, you don't want this to be noticeable so afterwards go over it with the black again.
  5. I patted the lightest purple shadow on the inner part of my lid, then a shade that was about two shades darker in the middle, then the darkest purple on what's left of the lid. While doing this blend each color into each other, since these shades are similar they will blend into each other easily.
  6. Apply a thin line of eyeliner

    on the top and in the tight line and waterline, set this with the black liner.
  7. Smudge the black shadow on the outer third of the lower lash line, a mix of the darkest and medium purple in the middle and the lightest in the inner third. Remember to blend these all into each other.
  8. Highlight under your brow bone and inner corner with a white eye shadow
  9. Lastly apply a few coats of your favorite mascara and/or false lashes. Fill in your brow and finish your face.
This look, looks best with lots of bronzer, a little highlighter and a nude lip.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request below!

No comments:

Post a Comment