Sunday, March 24, 2013

DIY Sea Salt Spray

Hey,

So it has been quite some time since I last made a post, this is actually the first of the year, not that good. I have been super busy lately balancing school, boyfriend, friends, and sleep I just haven't really had much time for the Internet at all. But today I had lots of time and I should have more time now then I have been having, since I had time I wanted to share a DIY sea salt spray with you. I personally love messy beach hair, and it is great for the summer and spring, although I rock this all year round.

All you need for this is sea salt and water, I add in conditioner and gel to make it better for my hair and to help hold the waves. Your also going to need some sort of spray bottle.

I add a tablespoon or two of the salt into a cup of water, I use hot water so it dissolves faster but cold works too. Then I add about a tablespoon of both the conditioner and hair gel. I mix this altogether then pour it into my spray bottle. I use this all up in about two weeks to a month, so I really don't know how long this would last but I would say to make a new one monthly.

To use this I just spray it in my hair, sometimes I dampen m hair first, this helps a bit better but I don't always do this then I scrunch up my hair. After that I use the Garnier Surf texturizing paste and scrunch my hair a bit more. After that I hairspray my hair a decent bit and scrunch even more, this doesn't give you a scrunched look it just helps form the waves. Also if you sleep with your hair in braids come morning it will give you even better waves. 

 I hope this helps you out, I have only tried a few from the drugstore before and find this works just the same if not better. If your not feeling making your own the Not Your Mothers Beach Babe is my favorite drugstore one and its pretty cheap.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request below, more post to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment