Sunday, May 12, 2013

Glowing Skin for Summer

Hey, so we all want skin that is tan and glowing, or at least most of us do. Personally I tan which is terrible, I know, so these tips go along with keeping a nice and even tan too.

So if you are very anti tanning or being out in the sun self tanner is your friend, like I said I tan so I have never used one but I hear good things about St. Tropez, Gergens, and the one by Tarte. No matter you method of getting bronzed skin exfoliating prior to tanning or self tanner is a must! I personally like using shower puffs so I exfoliate daily, not so much will tanning, which is important when tanning or self tanning don't exfoliate to hard just lightly.

Drinking water, this has to be the most preached thing in the beauty world. But there is a damn good reason for this. Getting you daily needed amount of water is so good for every part of your body, especially your skin. This helps keeps your skin from drying out which keeps your tan even. This also helps give that glowy look. So try to get at least eight cups a day, plus with the summer heat you are more prone to getting dehydrated.

Not only is it important to drink lots of water to keep your skin healthy but using lotion, you really want soft skin that glows, I like to apply lotion at least twice a day, usually three times. Before you go to bed and after you wake up, after the shower, I shower at night so I apply lotion after my shower then once I wake up. Also after you go tanning or are out in the sun apply lotion, tanning can really dry out your skin.

Now if your impatient for this to naturally show through a good highlighter in the summer is a must, I really like Sheercover Lid to Lip Highlighter in Bronzing, for drugstore Wet n Wild has a couple really nice ones.

I just want to add at the end of this that it is important to wear SPF, no one likes a sunburn and this also can help prevent wrinkles and early aging, so if this is a big concern for you go the self tanning route or rock the pale skin, nothing wrong with that! This is only a few ways to get glowing skin for the summer, but these are what I find I do the most.

Thanks for reading, please leave any request below!

No comments:

Post a Comment