Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Velvet Red Lips

Hey,
I love a red lip, its beautiful, classic but yet timeless. Every girl can pull it off once you find your perfect red. But really the trick to the red lip is confidence and of course knowing what kind of eye makeup to pair with! I love a matte red the most, but lately I have been doing a velvet like effect when doing a red lip and I wanted to share with you how I do it! I am not good at taking pictures of my lips, it's quite difficult, but my lips look really big and full in the picture so that's a plus! That shine is all the shimmer, I also do this with baby powder when I want a purely matte lip.

What I used:
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Edition in the Red tube in 111, I think it's name is Kiss of Life
  • Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Red Brick
  • Coastal Scents Hot Pot in American Rose,  a medium red with a shimmer/satin finish
  • Concealer, I used a concealer that was too light but I suggest using one that matches your skin tone, I just couldn't find mine at the time. You can see the difference, but this makes the red look much neater and pop even more!
What I Did:
  1. I applied the lipstick, personally I just go straight out of the tube but you can use a brush if your  a perfectionist.
  2. Then I cleaned up any mistake I made by using the lipstick straight from the tube, a lip brush should help eliminate this step! I also use this part to shape my lips, I like a more round pouty lip so I don't use lipstick in the corners of my lips and I round the edges out to give this effect.
  3. I used the liner which is a bight darker then the lipstick to outline my lips and fill in the corners a little. This helps give dimension to the lip. I do this afterwards because I find that it just works better to give this effect.
  4. I then set this, you can use an eyeshadow brush but I just use my fingers, I take some of the shadow and press it onto the lips, this will make your lips dry. It mattifies the lipstick but gives it a satin almost velvet effect. This looks more velvet like in person then in a photo.
Note this is a bit drying for your lips but looks great, last a long time and is fairly transfer proof!

Thanks fore reading, please leave any request below!

No comments:

Post a Comment